Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Answers to Prayers

So while I've been on the mission I have learned many things. The most important to me is how God answers prayers. The most quoted scripture in all the scriptures goes along the line of "Ask and ye shall recieve" in many variations. God promises us that he will answer if we ask with a sincere heart. President Uchtdorf in the last conference session said, "Answers to prayers don't often come when we are on our knees, but while we are on our feet." I have a testimony of this. I've noticed that all the answers that I've recieved have been after I've prayed and then started looking for the answer. God wants to see how much we really want to know. Before the mission I saw the movie Evan Almighty and there's a part in there that really hits home. It makes sense that if we pray for something, God doesn't just give the answer, but gives us the opportunity to get our answer and from that we can grow even more.



2 comments: