Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Challenges of Life


I'd like to share something that is very close to my heart. Challenges in life are something that we all must face. As it says in 2nd Nephi, we must have opposition in all things. So in 2nd Nephi 2:11,13 it says:
     Opposition is one of the biggest difficulties we face, but the Lord takes us and refines us through it. I was reading one day a quote from one of our apostles which said that there are two main reasons why we go through the challenges we do. One reason is what we do to ourselves-meaning we make a mistake and cause our own grief. The second reason is really what got me and hit home. I had never thought of it. The second way we go through these difficulties is when we want to become close to our Heavenly Father. The only way we can become what He wants is if He tests us. The Lord chastens those He loves and if we want to inherit all the Father has, we must be tried.
     I have personally found that I feel myself grow a stronger connection with my Father in heaven when I am in a hard situation and need to rely on Him for direction. Let us put our yoke upon our Savior and brother Jesus Christ and our burdens will be made light. Let's endure every situation we face with an attitude of optimism as our great example and apostle Paul showed in
2 Corinthians 12:9-10:

"And he said unto me, My agrace is sufficient for thee: for my bstrength is made perfect in cweakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may drest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in ainfirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in bpersecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am cweak, then am I dstrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment